by Doug Simpson
With all of the publicity going around today concerning the Mayan prophecies for the year 2012, I thought that this would be an appropriate time to look at the information in a specific Edgar Cayce reading requested on the origin and development of the Mayan civilization. The excerpts below are quoted from Reading 5750-1, taken November 12, 1933. Similar to the Bible, all paragraphs in an Edgar Cayce reading have been assigned a number. Brackets like [DS: ...] include comments by the writer.
1. HLC: [DS: HLC was Hugh Lynn Cayce, Edgar’s first born. Hugh Lynn acted as the conductor or guide for this reading. The conductor played an important role in a reading, as poor instructions resulted in incomplete readings.] You will give an historical treatise on the origin and development of the Mayan civilization, answering questions.
5. From time as counted in the present we would turn back to 10,600 years before the Prince of Peace came into the land of promise, and find a civilization being disturbed by corruption from within to such measures that the elements join in bringing devastation to a stiff-necked and adulterous people.
6. With the second and third upheavals in Atlantis, there were individuals who left those lands and came to this particular portion then visible.
9. Then, with the leavings of the civilization in Atlantis (in Poseidia, more specific), Iltar—with a group of followers … left this land Poseidia, and came westward, entering what would now be a portion of Yucatan. And there began, with the activities of the peoples there, the development into a civilization that rose much in the same matter as that which had been in the Atlantean land. …
10. The first temples that were erected by Iltar and his followers were destroyed at the period of change physically in the contours of the land. That now being found, and a portion already discovered that has laid in waste for many centuries, was then a combination of those peoples from Mu, Oz and Atlantis.
14. The stones that are circular, that were of the magnetized influence upon which the Spirit of the One spoke to those peoples as they gathered in their service, are of the earliest Atlantean activities in religious service, we would be called today.
16. The pyramid, the altars before the doors of the varied temple activities, was an injection from the people of Oz and Mu; and will be found to be separate portions, and that referred to in the Scripture as high places of family altars, family gods, …
21. (Q) Have the most important temples and pyramids been discovered?
(A) Those of the first civilization have been discovered, and have not all been opened; but their associations, their connections, are being replaced—or attempting to be rebuilt. Many of the second and third civilization may NEVER be discovered, for these would destroy the present civilization in Mexico to uncover same!
22. (Q) By what power or powers were these early pyramids and temples constructed?
(A) By the lifting forces of those gases that are being used gradually in the present civilization, and by the fine work or activities of those versed in that pertaining to the source from which all power comes.
For, as long as there remains those pure in body, in mind, in activity, to the law of the One God, there is the continued resource for meeting the needs, or for commanding the elements and their activities in the supply of that necessary in such relations.
The reading goes on to explain that the records, in the temple in Atlantis that was destroyed in the final destruction of Atlantis, may yet someday be discovered. Also, the records that will eventually be found in the temple or hall of records in Egypt, and those records contained in the temple erected by Iltar, are, in the words of the in-trance Edgar Cayce, “The RECORDS are ONE.”
© Doug Simpson 2010, in New Age Spirituality
Edgar Cayce Readings © 1971, 1993-2005 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Used by Permission, All Rights Reserved
Doug Simpson is a retired high school teacher who has turned his talents to writing. His first novel, a spiritual mystery titled Soul Awakening, was published in the United States in October of 2011, by Book Locker. It was reissued in October of 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing as Soul Awakening, Book I of the Dacque Chronicles. For further details visit them at 5princebooks.com . It is available in print and eBook format through most bookstores around the world. Soul Rescue, Book II of the Dacque Chronicles will be published in November of 2012. His magazine and website articles have been published in 2010 to 2012 in Australia, Canada, France, India, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. His articles can be accessed through his website at http://dousimp.mnsi.net.